Welcome to the North Branford Fire Department
Headquarters Company 1 was established in 1938 when local farmers saw the need for a local fire department. The first truck a 1939 Diamond T was ordered with some opposition. After its arrival, its said that it was used to extinguish a fire of one of the people that opposed the fire department. The first fire truck was stored on North street in Nate Harrisons barn in the early 50's. The membership was given a lifetime lease for $1.00 a year for the property in which it sits today. Members held a "block drive" to help offset the cost of the construction. Currently Company 1 built and maintains the memorial which sits adjacent to the train tracks which holds plaques for the original members, ladies auxillary, charter members, past chiefs and members. Company 1 is home to Squad 1, Rescue 1, Brush 1, Engine 1, Engine Tanker 1, Tower 1, Boat 1. For additional information about Company 1,
Company 2 of the NBFD was founded in June of 1944 when a group of 50 men gathered at the Northford Community House to discuss the need for a fire company on the north end of town. A short time later a roster of active and associate members was established. In 1945, the town allocated $6,000 for the purchase of a fire truck, a 1946 Maxim pumper. The membership worked together to raise donations for materials to construct a building on a parcel of land in Northford Center, donated by the Montgomery Family. The firehouse, built by the members themselves, was complete in 1946 with the town's fire truck parked in its bay. Two decades later, the building was expanded to accommodate the growing fleet of fire apparatus. Today, Company 2 is home to Emergency 2, Rescue 2, Brush 2, Engine 2 and Engine-Tanker 22, as well as the original 1946 Maxim pumper which is currently being restored.
1953- The Pokrob family donated part of their property to build Northford Acres Co3. 25 men signed up to be trained and become the original members of the company. It took many hours, long days and weekends to complete and was built by many volunteers. The first piece of apparatus was an old Maxim, and a milk truck converted into a rescue truck. 50 plus years later, Northford Acres is home to Brush 3, Rescue 3, Engine 3,
Tanker 3., Ranger 3, and UAV. For more information on Northford Acres, please visit us on facebook or
North Branford Fire Department Company 4 was established in 1986 by a group of dedicated EMT & EMR's. Company 4 has called home to Company 2, Old Oil company building on Old Post road and now in its current home located at 1351 Middletown Ave, which also is home to Training Division offices, and Chief's office. Our membership consists of Dedicated Volunteers certified as EMR, EMT, and Paramedics, and works hand in hand with fellow Paramedics, EMTs that provided BLS & ALS skills through Vintech Management Services LLC. Our Primary unit is staffed 24/7/365. Besides providing EMS coverage for our town, and our mutual aid partners, we also provide coverage during NB youth football games, High school football games, Ice Hockey, NB Potato fest,. Company 4 is home to Medic 4, Ambulance 44 and Ambulance 42.